[at-l] Fwd: Snowmobiles - LONG

I think that you have missed Jims Point.  The parks are for everybody,and b=
ecause th Parks Service is Government Agency it cannot discriminate against=
 anybody!  The Park Service Does its best to meet its mandates from congres=
s.  While you may curse snowmobiles and snowmobilers I imagine that they co=
ntribute more to the ecconomy than backpackers, at least their lobbies are =
better funded.  The park service came up with a solution that meets everyon=
es needs to a certain extent and pisses everyone off to a certain extent.  =
I would say a good compromise.

As Jim also state there is a movement to restrict hiking on state gamelands=
 in PA.  There was never a limit on group size, it is not 10 max.  During h=
unting season you have to wear orange (or be fined).  Stealth camps are a n=
o no unless you would like to stealth camp in jail.  And why?  Hikers have =
been doing a lot of damage to state gamelands.  So how would you like to do=
 a big yellow blaze around PA???
Think about it before you start pointing fingers.

Grey Owl,

While not directly in front of the Wall, there are a lot of tacky stands wi=
thin a 100 yds of the wall and it is one of the favorite hangouts for the h=
omeless.