[at-l] Re: 'The Watcher'

Who is this "watcher" character?

<<< "SLIM aka Nancy" <bogey1@cplx.net> 11/20 11:32a >>>
--
Rocks n Roots said:    Anybody ever consider that this is just somebody who=
 thinks they are
adopting a clever Trail name and could be harmless? You know, like somebody
who comes up and tends the shelter and thinks of himself as a shelter
watcher?

I understand what you wrote.  He may be harmless but....
I don't think that coming to shelter in the dark, sneaking around; trying t=
o NOT be noticed, "Watching" a lone hiker for who knows how long, writing, =
in essence, "you are being watched" to be found on a trip to the privy, is =
good behavior whether on or off the trail.
Trail maintainers, shelter caretakers are extremely friendly people, not sn=
eaky peepers. They would not lurk in the shadows or graffiti anything.   An=
yhow the Mid-Atlantic conference folks John Wright, Karen and Michelle said=
 they've had other similar reports of this lithographer/peeper.
His moniker "the Watcher" is not a just clever trail name, its called voyeu=
r- ism, peeping Tom-ism, even smacks of stalking.  Its a game with him to g=
et in and out without being noticed, to be in control, to cause anxiety.  I=
 guess he gets his jollies by doing this.  What gall!  It made me wary but =
also angry.  I wonder what he'll do next when the thrill wears off.  That i=
s a scary thought.  Be safe and enjoy the trail.

Any day's a good day to hike,
SLIM aka Nancy

"I do not ask to walk smooth paths, nor bear an easy load,
I pray for strength and fortitude to climb the rock-strewn road.
Give me such courage, I can scale the heartiest peaks alone,
And transform every stumbling block into a stepping stone."
---unknown

Stay on topic!

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure.  Dissemination, distribution
or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by
anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, is prohibited.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please call the Help Desk of Epstein
Becker & Green at 212-351-4701 and destroy the original
message and all copies.