[at-l] Cost Comparison - Digital VS Slides

> http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker2001AT

Wow!  Is that you in the first picture?  You look so normal...not like a
hiker at all...

> To sum up - I still think you can go the "low tech" digital
> route really cheaply and keep the potential flexibility of
> continuing to use a 35mm camera . . . at least it is a
> viable option.

No doubt, but for ME, digital has been - and probably will be - the answer
to all MY needs.  If you're getting the processing for that low cost, film
becomes more attractive, but I've shied away from the 1 Hour Photo places in
favor of 'real' labs.  Now that I'm totally digital, they rarely ever see
me...

What I'm really waiting for is a 'hybrid' camera that does both - digitial
and 35MM.  You can shoot digital all you like, and then when you get
something really astonishing that you'd like to turn into a poster, you just
flip a lever...

Shane