[at-l] my weekend hike

Hi Gang,

=09Thursday evening Pog dropped my off at Spivey Gap TN. I walked south to =
Bald Mnt Shelter for the night. Coyotes serenaded me for much of the night.=
 Friday I walked to Flint Mnt Shelter. The weather was very nice with great=
 views from the balds. That night it poured rain. In fact it poured rain al=
l the next day as I walked to Spring Mnt Shelter. I had slept in a little l=
ate and lost an hours daylight so I had to walk an hour or so in the dark S=
aturday night. It was getting colder and there was a
heavy fog. My Tikka headlight just made a big blinding glow in the fog. I c=
ould barely see 15 feet. This made following the trail difficult. I was alm=
ost under the porch roof of the shelter before I actually saw the shelter! =
During the night the rain turned to snow. Sunday the winds picked up a bit.=
 The woods were very pretty covered in snow and sleet. When I descended tow=
ards Hot Springs the snow/sleet/rain begin to let up. The trail has been re=
routed to follow the French Broad River into town
(since I was here in 1982). A hot meal at the dinner and I hit the highway =
for that long drive home :-)

chase