Re[2]: [at-l] The NPS and AT and Vision

>Weary wrote:
>If  the  pollution problems can be solved, I can envision judicious constr=
uction
>of snowmobile routes away from hiking trails in some parts of some parks.

Isn't this what the current ruling does?  Maybe it doesn't "solve" the poll=
ution problems, but it does at least address the problem by limiting peak w=
eekend usage and mandating a move toward four cycle engines.  Also, by limi=
ting usage to the road system, no new construction (destruction?) is needed=
 and presumably the hiking trails are away from the roads.

Big Red

Greg Benkert
gbenkert@fuse.net
www.trailjournals.com/bigred