[at-l] ;-) Alternative Cold Tent Remedy

> Well there is the old fashioned remedy that use to be (might still be)
> recommended in military survival handbooks -- Just crawl in a bag with
> somebody companionable. ;-)
>
> Seriously, has anybody done this to get warm and has it worked?  Okay I know
> it gets warm during certain recreational activities.  But has anybody done
> this in an emergency and has it worked?  I understand that some "experts"
> are beginning to shy away from this recommendation.
>
> William, The Curious Turtle

	It worked one time for someone I was hiking with. We had reached
shelter in the form of a backcountry chalet, but needed to get him warm
in a hurry. We used all of the options we had available - getting him
out of wet clothes and into a warm bag, hot drinks, and close contact
with another person. It wasn't skin to skin (we're talking teenagers on
a school trip), but we did get down to base layers.

	Alone I suspect the body contact would have taken much longer to work,
but it seemed to help as part of the entire treatment.

	Ron
--

must preside at our assemblies.
	William O. Douglas