[at-l] 2003 PA Ruck

I've gotten some questions already about this, so I need to add a couple
things  -

First, that someone (actually several someones) much brighter than I seem to
be reminded me that the cleanup comes on Sunday - not Saturday. That's part
of the deal - if you stay at the hostel, you help cleanup on Sunday morning.
  Yep - we sometimes ARE a messy bunch, TJ, but we DO have fun - and then we
clean up after ourselves  <G>

The second thing is that this IS a PA State Park - and alcohol isn't
welcome.  I was also asked about dogs - I think the answer is no, but I'll
have to check on that to be sure.

And then - there's the hostel, which will require reservations - and  the
campground.  Keep in mind that several years ago, there was definitely snow
on the ground - a lot of snow.  And then it snowed on Sunday morning.  If
memory serves Weathercarrot's snow maps show this as the area on the Trail
with the highest snowfall in PA.  Come prepared.

And - finally - we'll put out more information later, but don't expect a LOT
of activity between now and the first of the year. The Ruck is a low-key
function that just seems to have grown out of control, but it really isn't a
whole lot like the Gathering.  It's a lot more informal - and this year
there'll be a bit of sadness because Earl Shaffer won't be there.  But his
brother John may be there if his health holds out.

Y'all have a good night -
Jim