[at-l] Bush Opens Yellowstone to More Snowmobiles

Rick -
I responded to what was put out there.  If it was a writo, then what I said
might have to be modified.  I don't have great love for the snowmobile
industry any more than I do for smokers (even though I used to be one).  But
screwing over them "just because" is something that I won't sit down and
shut up for because next time it could be me that gets screwed "just
because".  Keep that in mind when you say things like:
"The best argument against snowmobile's can be summed up in a few words:
Because its a national Park."

That's not a reason - it's a personal prejudice. And that's not meant as an
insult - I have my own prejudices.  I just recognize them for what they are
and don't try to force them on anyone else.

If it being a National Park is reason to ban snowmobiles, then it's more
than sufficient reason to ban cars and buses as well.  To say nothing of
horses, ATV's and hikers.

Uh - I think we'd both object to that last part, wouldn't we?  Remember that
old saying - "You get what you give"?  A lot of people forget that these
days - they go running off to "ban" or "control" things just because "it
sounds like a good idea" - and then they get surprised when it comes back to
bite them.  Also known as the Law of Unintended Consequences.  It takes
considerable imagination and some actual thought and planning to avoid the
"consequences".  And I don't see much of that anywhere lately.

Anyway - your modification makes more sense - but do you really believe the
"ommissions" wre accidental?  Both of them?

Walk softly,
Jim