[at-l] My question about representation...

All you have to do is look at the famous red-blue map of the countries
voting by counties for the 2000 election. There is a rim of blue around the
country, the interior is almost all red except for an occasional blue
splotch like St Louis. I don't recall the exact numbers but something like
80% plus of the counties were republican with the coasts democratic. This is
just the situation that the framers had in mind. The same thing just
happened in California with all the democratic vote concentrated in counties
on the coast and up to Frisco in the governors race their.

If the few top population centers ruled the entire country you would see a
lot more dissatisfaction with the government than you see already.

Bryan