[at-l] Case closed

--
In a message dated 11/12/2002 9:57:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> I will correct myself, as I am on public record as discouraging voting
> in the 1972 Nixon/McGovern fiasco. While my good friends endorsed
> McGovern (college newspaper), I smelled a rat and thought the fix was
> on. I discouraged voting other than third party or in every office
> other than President. Subsequent months tended to prove me right,

Who was the rat?  (John Dean)  What fix?  Right about what?

I misssed that election being overseas and not even thinking of an absentee
ballot.  Had to chuckle though when I found out Massachusetts was the only
state that voted for McGovern.  I think we had bumper stickers that said:  "I
told you so!"

Hey, Nixon did open up China... and was a baseball fan.  I had no idea of his
stand on environment, nor that of McGovern, and still don't, but it's the
first thing I look for now when I'm voting.  It has to do with passion. If
you're not passionate about the environment, the flora, the fauna, you don't
get my vote.  Certain things are more precious than the almighty buck.

Sly