[at-l] Re: first questions/vegetarian trail diets

Grey Owl,

I beg to differ.

>  Most people who are on
> Vegan  diets will stick to them, vegaterians will modify (I have a friend who is
> vegetarian and eats chicken).

Unless you're going to call your friend a 'beady-eyed vegetarian'
(only eats dead animals that had little beady eyes, like fish and
birds), then someone who "is a vegetarian and eats chicken" is like

-- a teetotaler who drinks whiskey

or

-- a recovered drug addict who pops Ecstasy

or

-- a pacifist who boxes professionally

In German we would say "Unding,"  in English we'd say
"oxymoron."

But, that said, if they're hikers, I'll walk with any of them and stay
at the same shelter, too.

concordia