[at-l] Hammock Question

Big Cranky talked about this disadvantage of a Hennessey hammock (among oth=
ers):

6. There's no good place to put your boots/shoes. I don't want to leave the=
on the ground under the hammock (which would be the easiest solution), but
trying get into the hammock, take off my shoes, tie the laces together and
hang them from the hammock rope under the rainfly while balancing inside th=
hammock and not losing my bag or my pad is a real PITA (see #3, above.) The=
you have to reverse the process to get out, especially if it's wet. Again,
this is worst at 3 am.

I haven't had a problem with my boots. I unlace them, pop my head in the ha=
mmock and let them come off as I sit down and lift my feet. When I get out =
my feet hit the boots in the same place. This is also under the tarp far en=
ough to be dry. I have been in a heavy rain, but not a heavy blowing one so=
 far, and my boots have remained dry.

SoulFull
Jack.Bulkley@sas.com
Apex, NC