[at-l] Case closed

I agree with everything except the portion quoted below. Those people who haven't educated
themselves sufficiently to form a reasoned opinion and still vote out of ignorance have the effect
of providing government from ignorance and, therefore, randomness, or worse, from the efforts of
madison avenue's advertisements. Those who realize they have not the information necessary to cast
a rational vote, and withold therefore their vote, have, imho, acted with reason and clarity and
therefore at least a modicum of nobility. I have on occassion NOT voted on issues/candidates about
which I knew nothing or too little upon which to form a good opinion. In such cases I am rightly
criticized for my ignorance, but not for withholding my vote.

--- Jack Tarlin <baltimorejack@hotmail.com> wrote:

>... most extraordinary of all,
> that they're doing something noble or dignified by not voting.

=====
David Addleton
vocate atque non vocate deus aderit
http://dfaddleton.home.att.net/