From: Quoleldil [mailto:quoleldil@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 11:00 AM
To: AT-L
Subject: [at-l] Dual Use Pop Tarts

All State Insurance Company, filing on behalf of an insured, is suing the
Kellogg Company, makers
of numerous varieties of Pop-Tarts -- the staple of many an AT hiker's diet
-- claiming the
toaster treat was the proximate cause of a 13 Nov 2000 house fire that
caused more than $10K in
property damage. Last year, Thomas Nangle of Ohio who was sued for property
damage, counter-sued
Kellog's for the damages. And a New Jersey couple sued Kellogg's after a
Pop-Tart left in a
toaster set their house ablaze. Apparently, that case publicized by Miami
Herald humor columnist
Dave Barry, has spawned numerous humor web sites (I've not gone looking for
them!) These toaster
pastries are more flamable than they should be, perhaps providing dual uses
to AT hikers as fire
starters?
--- source: Fulton County Daily Report, 4 Nov 2002
Please Notice: this is not intended to start a discussion about "frivilous"
law suits by
individuals against deep pocket corporate america ... this is corporate
america suing corporate
america! The purpose of the post is humor + dual use edibles, such as
everclear ...

=====
David Addleton
vocate atque non vocate deus aderit