[at-l] Shoes vs Boots

> The best trail shoe is_____________

Well, the AT/PC answer is whichever shoes best fit your feet, and that's
true. My wife has wide feet and loves the New Balance 904s. I have narrow
feet and like pretty much anything by Montrail. I have hiked in the Vitesse,
which is more a trail runner, and very cushy in the heel, but I've switched
to a stiffer shoe and am happier. No, I can't recall the model at the
moment. We have also liked the Lowa low-cut shoes.

I gave up on wearing heavy boots during one hike, and never looked back.
Anyone want a pair of Scarpa Mantas, men's size 45? They are just getting
broken-in, and still have thousands of miles left in them. Also have a pair
of women's One-Sport Moraine, size maybe 8 (?), also rarely used. Both of
these are very nice boots, but more than we need.

Ken
Big Cranky