Re[9]: [at-l] You've gotta love it...

Weary, I greatly appreciate your defense of TA, in spite of the lack of
civility that has been expressed to you frequently on that list. As you
recall, you wished that we not bash TA from afar. Jim has suggested
taking the thread back to TA, consistent with your wishes, if not your
actions.

I am sorry that criticism of TA has become a personal issue for you, as
it is certainly not your personal responsibility what TA has become or
may become. I am impressed that in spite of the wretched luck with your
medical care, you have maintained your activity for true trail and
environmental advocacy - far beyond cyberhiking lists. I hope you can
maintain priorities and keep plugging away at those things you can
control and have the greatest potential of long term benefit for the
trail and for you.

I hate the idea of you wasting good energy and precious time defending
the never ending "Sprawl Article" and similar threads (80 of the past
116 TA messages). Regardless of semantics over "gratuitous",
"hare-brained" or even "rant" - these are hardly the pinacle of trail
advocacy. If TA can't move on into the 21st century, it will not be
because you didn't try to nourish and support it. If you disagree and
feel this is the best use of your time and efforts, I respect your
judgement.

Future trolls with off-topic political hare-brained rants will be
invited to take it to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pittsburghsportfanatics/ where
essentially no one has written anything positive or negative since
March, 2001. The Steelers and non-voters have a lot in common - they do
well to break even.

Bill...