Re[7]: [at-l] You've gotta love it...

"...In  other  words  -  essentially  untrue  because  unprovable. YMMV But OB's
statement  was/is  provable,  therefore  justifiable.  Elementary logic, my dear
Weary <VBG>" argues a somewhat illogical Jim, regardless of the size of his grin
or his skills as an engineer/scientist/trail advice giver.

Many  things  can't be proved, but that in no way makes them untrue. But in this
case, that doesn't matter. OB"s original claim is simply untrue. Sure. We've had
what  some  might  mistakenly call rants, though probably far fewer than on this
list.

But  they  have  involved  the meaning of what the progenitor of the Appalachian
Trail  meant  in his original essay, which is surely on topic for a list devoted
to the the Appalachian Trail. None have involved "off topic political" subjects.
Finally  what  some  may  term  "rants"  are  not  "extremely well tolerated and
encouraged?"  On  the  contrary, they are actively discouraged, though given the
nature of the forum, they can't be eliminated.

Weary