Re[3]: [at-l] You've gotta love it...

"Bob C." wrote:
>Our  long  missing  duo  have  returned  after  60  days (hopefully spent
>in the
>wilderness) and Jim finds himself offended with my characterization of an
>Orange
>Bug's message as a "hare-brained, off topic political rant."

Not so much offended, Bob, as disgusted by the unnecessary nastiness.

>Let  me  suggest  that though the practice isn't always fair, I simply used
>OB's own words to suggest he ranks among the guilty.

And so do you.

>We  are  trying  to  make  TA  into  a  friendlier and more productive
>forum and gratuitous  attacks  simply  hinder that effort, potentially to
>the detriment of the trail.

"Gratuitous" in this context implies "untrue."  But nothing that's been said
about TA on at-l lately is untrue.  Certainly not what OB posted. We can
discuss that further if you like, but I'd suggest we do it privately - or
maybe on TA.

I'd also like to see TA become a more productive forum - but I see little
hope for that as long as those who post there pursue the discussions with
the attitude that they're the one and only expert and anyone who disagrees
with their particular bias is stupid.  That doesn't each anyone anything
useful.

I WILL say that of the posts there lately (at least the ones I've read so
far), yours have been among the most thoughtful, logical and meaningful.  I
don't always agree with you, but at least you're trying.  If I ever get to
it, I might even be able to give you some ideas re: some of the questions
you (and everyone else) doesn't seem to have answers for.  But I won't waste
my time with the kind of argument that's been evident on TA lately.  My time
would be better spent shovelling possum shit - as I was doing yesterday
<VBG>

Have a good day anyway -
Jim