[at-l] You've gotta love it...

Second Chance,

Reference your post, dated 11-9-02.

Since you quoted from my post ("I believe there is an alternative AT-L site
where your screams may be more appropriate"), I'll respond.

"(R)eply constructively to the whole list. Then, in a private e-mail to the
person ... "

I respond to the distribution of the sender's choosing.  Sometimes, when I
post both to this list AND to the person(s), the message isn't received.  I
re-transmit those posts to the same distribution but transmit them
individually to all addressees.  My post, which you quoted, responded in
this manner.

"We all give or not give to our country as we choose. We all feel different
degrees of passion for or against our country or our government.  ...  And
like it or not, those who care about what's going on in our country, learn
about it (or not), and vote on it are always going to be choosing for those
who hate it and/or are apathetic."

I re-read my post and haven't found anything which disagrees with your
statements.

"(L)ike it or not folks, everyone has a right to speak."

I did not suggest censorship.  My post did not question the thesis, nor the
right to post it.  I thought the tone exceeded the decorum of this list,
although it would be wholly accepted on another list (the TA list) which wa=
formed, at least in part, for such a purpose.  I advised of the existence o=
this other list.  Everyone is free to trot on over there and participate in
a spirited exchange.

"(A) =91get thee off this list' diatribe ..."

I believe your description exceeds both the spirit and letter of my post.

"Aren't hikers supposed to be more tolerant people?"

What a strange idea.  You're not from around these parts, are you stranger?
  :-)

Steve

http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/junkmail