[at-l] Megapixel Madness--

At 08:13 PM 11/9/2002 -0500, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
>--
>I forget, which digital camera did we decide was best for general all around
>use on the trail, at home, etc.?  I thought I read that 2 megapixel would be
>fine to put pics on the web and are suitable for printing up to 5x7 maybe
>more".   Is this correct?

That is correct.

>   What about projecting?  How much can I expect to
>pay?  $200, $300?

I'm not clear what you are asking here.  Are you asking about the cost of
an RGB projector to project your digital images as a slide show?  If so,
you are looking at a bare minimum of $1499 and I'm relying on information
from another poster for that price.  The cheapest RGB projector I have seen
advertised was around $2500.  That was why I recommend slides.  You can buy
a good Kodak Carousel projector for $200<> on Ebay and the other $1299
($2300?) will develop a heck of a lot of film.   And of course, you need a
laptop to run the RGB projector from (another $999+).

>I don't need magazine quality photos.  If there's any interest in any of my
>pictures, I'll go back with a 35mm SLR and re-capture the moment!   It sounds
>like it would be cheaper that way!

If you can borrow or rent the RGB projector/laptop (or you already own
them) when you want to show your pictures to a group, I'd agree.  If you
can't borrow or rent, it is not a cheap way to do slide shows.

sAunTerer