[at-l] Raccoon, AT 2003?

I suspect that sometimes, people look for the opportunity to assign the
responsibility for a decision onto someone else, even a stranger. If
things don't work out as expected, the advice and the advisor were at
fault. Such an early strategy may not bode well for the candidate
hiker's chances of reaching their goal.

Yet, adults learn that all decisions result in unforeseen consequences.
If future parents weren't ignorant of their tasks, I suspect the
species would have been extinct a few generations back. The decision to
hike will have unanticipated results, not all of them desirable.

The choice boils down to the decision to seek a life experienced versus
a life contemplated. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with a
decision to thru-hike, section hike or join a cyber hiking group. There
can be reward in helping to support other's efforts.

Few choose thru-hiking without apprehension. They usually leave the
trail south of Fontana, rarely to return.

Stay afraid.

Very afraid.

Bill...