[at-l] Voting and Citizenship

> I read with interest Malcolm Fuller's recent quote from Thoreau
> which was used to defend his decision not to vote.  Most impressive,
> I must say. Seems like outdoor folk just LOVE to quote old Henry
> David.

> But I prefer to go with Edmund Burke, who said "The only thing
> necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Nicely said.  I would have, at this point, liked to see you misquote Twain
in this way: "The man who does not vote has no advantage over the man who
can't vote."  (The original being, "The man who does not read good books has
no advantage over the man who can't read them.")

As you did not, I have done so for you.  Welcome back.  I hope you had an
interesting time.

Shane