[at-l] AT Camera

"Jan Leitschuh" <janl2@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:<mailman.1036616466.37852.at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>...

> Okay TechnoPhotogs,

[clip]

> The main drawback is said to be the use of SmartMedia Cards. Why would
that
> be a drawback?

According to the media flacks, there is a question of interchangeability of
SmartMedia between devices. According to the same flacks, CompactFlash does
not have this problem. According to my admittedly limited personal
experience they are all full of bovine waste product.

You picked the model with the off the shelf batteries and the resolution
that was important to you. As long as you have a friend who you can test and
verify interoperability of memory cards with, go for it.

So, does your friend who is going to be processing and returning your memory
to you have an Olympus D40? If not, you need to obtain a SmartMedia memory
card with a picture on it that was recorded on an Olympus D40 and plug it
into his/her reader/camera/printer and try it.

Lee I Joe

"Do I recommend thru-hiking? How can I put it? If you really like to hike,
you have to try it. Put as much time and thought as possible into planning,
carefully consider all the advice you get, ignore most of it, and do it your
way."

Backcountry Tales from the Trail, by Richard Graybill, Backpacker Magazine,
December 2001, p112