[at-l] Southbounders

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 07:12  AM, cheryl ibarra wrote:

> I was out last weekend doing a loop up near Mt. Rogers.  Brrrr.....It
> was COLD!!!  [..] Surprisingly, I found many others out there hiking
> with me including Southbounders, "One Gallon Bill" and "Autumn > Leaves".

Great to hear about One Gallon Bill.  He isn't a SOBO per se.  He hiked
the AT in 1982 and then again this year finishing on September 26.  He
then headed over to the Long Trail and hiked from Canada back to
The Inn at the Long Trail and then again on the AT to Hanover and then
headed south for some more hiking before Thanksgiving.

He and his hiking partner (Ursala) are great folks.  They spend 6-9
months a year doing adventure travel.  Bill has been doing this for 20
years now.

FYI, Bill got his trail name in 1982 when he finished his half-gallon
of ice cream and thought that wasn't enough so he finished off a second
half-gallon.