Re[2]: [at-l] Burglarized

quoleldil@yahoo.com writes:
"our apartment was burglarized"

I  can  attest it's a terrible experience. It happened to me about a dozen years
ago.  Someone  shopped my house to complete a music system. They took the tuner,
and  a  tape  deck -- and left the rest. The losses were minor. But the sense of
invasion and nagging worry continues to this day.

However,  we  locked  the doors for only a few weeks after the event. Somehow we
quickly  drifted out of the habit. That's one small compensation for living on a
main road in a semi-rural coastal Maine town. Thieves are both scarce and picky.

Many  years  ago when I lived in Chicago, someone started breaking the window of
my  ancient  Buick  every  other night, obviously looking for things of value. I
finally  left  the doors unlocked since the lock served no purpose other than to
generate broken windows.

Weary