[at-l] I need some winter clothing list advice

--
In a message dated 11/5/2002 8:26:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vonhandorfc@NKU.EDU writes:

> Okay, I'm starting the AT next year mid-March. If anyone can give me some
> advice about clothing for the AT in the beginning, that would rock. This is
> what I've got so far for clothes:
>
> Long underwear, top and bottom, mainly to sleep in--If it's cold I could
> hike in this but it's thin stuff
> a mid-weight fleece pullover
> convertible pants to hike in
> coolmax t-shirt to hike in
> cheap down vest
> mittens
> hat
> frogg toggs
>
> At night, I've got a 15* down sleeping bag w/ a liner and an emergency
> blanket thingy to help.
> So am I being too optimistic? Am I missing anything? Should I carry more or
> less? I know it's all subjective, but I'm just looking for basic guidelines
> at this point.
> thanks for the advice,
> Clair/Goldberry

I'm starting March 1st & you are bringing almost the same clothes that I am.
I figure I only have to make it to Neels Gap with those clothes & decide
there
if I need more. If I need more, I can get more there, or have a box with
extra
"just in case" gear waiting there (mail it ahead, or home if I don't need
it).

Russ (Gimp)