[at-l] a tarp question

No question that exhaled moisture is a big factor in condensation.

Different setting, similar question.

I have struggled for some time with why some folk seem to get a good deal
more condensation than others in a singlewall.  After all we all exhale near
100% humidity near body temperature air.

I am beginning to suspect from antidotal observation the perspiration is
also a big factor.

First observation: The condensation at the foot of the tent.

Second observation:  When I use a VB inside my bag, I tend to get noticeably
less condensation on the tent and nearly none at the foot.

Third observation:  Folk who tend to report having been cold during the
night, who report using more bag, more extra clothing, etc, also seem to be
the ones who also report more condensation.  I am wondering if some folk
"need" to the warm enough to actively sweat a bit to feel comfortable,
whereas others sleep well below that level and have only the perspiration
need to keep the skin moist -- w/o the excess moisture to cool the body.

In any case, I suspect the perspiration is a larger contributor than I had
previously considered.

Chainsaw