[at-l] Glucosamine and Chondroiton - in the archives

At 04:59 AM 11/2/2002 -0800, Orange Bug wrote:
>You can find the stuff just about anywhere - WalMart, Big Lots, Kroger,
>GNC, yuppy cafes, etc. I find it cheapest at Costco or Sam's and buy it
>by the largest bottle available. This is also a very good place to get
>your Baby Boomer Aspirin tabs and Fish Oil gelcaps.

I've been doing glucosamine for several years, 1000 mg per day.  It helped
my runner's knee problem a lot.  I was in pain 80-90% of the time before I
started glucosamine but have only occasion problems now.  I've always been
reluctant to do the knee surgery bit and after recent studies showing that
it doesn't do much I really don't want it.  What's the Fish Oil for?

Yesterday the ankle I sprained last Spring decided to cut up again an I
wore my 'air cast' all day.  The ankle improved but then the knee and my
hip decided to hurt.  That worried me.  I could see my plans for next
year's hiking going up in medical smoke.  It's much better today
though.  Vitimin "I" is good.  It could have been the 4=BD hour drive to my
daughter's or maybe it's just the change in weather  that brought it
on.  We went from near record warm to record cold.  My body never did like
that kind of temperature shift.

sAunTerer