[at-l] Glucosamine and Chondroiton - in the archives

Hi folks,

Three years ago, my doctor said Gluc/Chon wouldn't help me.  Now, he's
suggesting I try it and a second opinion also suggested it.

I remember a discussion about this - maybe a year or two ago - where some
pretty good information about dosage, timing, etc. came up.  Did anyone
happen to keep a record of that discussion?

I know there are issues with whether or not the stuff you buy really has the
dosage listed on the label.  I think there might have been some practical
advice on how to find reliable supplements.

I attempted a search in the archives and found discussions in the fall of
both 98 and 99 before the search bombed.  I thought there may have been
something more...?

FYI, I'm dealing with Patellar Malalignment syndrome, aka Patellar
Subluxation, aka Chondromalaicia Patella, etc.,  Basically, it's a tracking
disorder.

My doctors have long told me to avoid stairs and hills.  But, well, I
sometimes avoid stairs but I guess I'm just going to do what I can to keep
hiking until I can't any longer.  Sigh.  At least the PCT shouldn't be as
rough as the AT on my knees.  So, I'm doing some therapy again to strengthen
quads, going to fill a prescription for appropriate knee braces tomorrow,
and just wanted to educate myself on the gluc/chon before walking into the
store tomorrow.

Anyone have a favorite on-line and/or Boston area source for the
"supplements?"

Thanks everyone,

Mara
Stitches, AT99