[at-l] Camera choices

At 02:14 PM 11/1/2002 -0600, Shane Steinkamp wrote:
>Actually, this won't be as much of a problem as you might think.  Sure, all
>of my old software is junk and won't run anymore, but I can still read all
>my text files and see all the images from that time.  The image formats are
>standards that don't change over time.  (jpg, bmp, tiff)  Some formats
>change (like Microsoft Word files) and you have to keep upgrading the
>software and upgrading the files.  If you keep up with the technology, you
>won't get stuck.

Actually some image formats do change over time.  JPEG has changed at least
once that I know about.  I learned that when I found I couldn't open a lot
of JPEG images because they weren't recognized by my image reader
program.  I got a new version of the program that recognized the new
standard and suddenly I could look at them.  I've heard that it may be
changed again to support transparency and then there's .PNG the latest
image format for web use.  You won't see it on your old browser or image
reader.  It didn't exist when the program was written.

sAunTerer