[at-l] Agua...and, its temperature

At 05:54 PM 10/30/2002 -0500, Felix wrote:
>Alright...here's a question, or so.
>
>Does the temperature of water affect how well it quenches
>your thirst and how much it helps your body? I mean, in
>July, when it's 95=BA and muggy, is it better to drink water
>that is 60=BA over water that is 70=BA?  (I have no idea what
>drinking water temperature is...I assume over 32=BA)  And,
>does it affect the quantity  you need to drink?
>
>--
>Felix J. McGillicuddy

Well Felix, back when I was being a runner I read in one of my running
books that 'cold' water is absorbed into your body more easily and
therefore quenches your thirst better than 'warm' water.  They didn't
define cold vs warm by temperature but if what they said was true (and I've
seen no evidence to suggest that it wasn't) I would say that 60=BA water
would quench your thirst better than 70=BA water but personally I prefer ic=
water (what's that? 35=BA or so?).  OTOH when I'm hiking (which I wasn't
nearly enough this year) I don't carry my thermometer in my water bottle
and drink it without checking it's temperature.  Why do you ask?  Are you
looking at portable refrigeration units?

sAunTerer