[at-l] Digital camera

Hi. Since everybody seems to be discussing digital
cameras, I figure I should get in on the discussion.
I thru-hiked the AT this summer with an Aiptek digital
camera that weighed only 40 grams (less than two
ounces).  It took two AAA batteries, and the pictures
I took came out pretty well.  Check out
www.trailjournals.com/superfeet for examples.

The camera only cost about $80, but there were a few
downsides.  First of all, the camera didn't have a
flash so it's only good for daytime pictures, but
that's ok for  while you're hiking.  It didn't have
any detachable memory card, but it could store up to
about 160 pictures which was about a month's worth of
pictures for me.  If you're looking for lightweight,
reasonable, and fairly good quality pictures, I would
recommend the Aiptek camera.  I hear that they have
upgraded the camera now so it will probably be even
better.

OK, those are my comments on the digital camera issue.
 Keep up the good conversations on this mailing
list... it's always a good read!

Superfeet
GA->ME'02