[at-l] 10/28/02 pm - pittsburgh hikes

530 pm

yakdung and i are in for the night a stover creek shelter.  we had hoped to=
 make a few more miles, but a later-than-expected arrival at springer, plus=
 steady rain, dictated a very short mileage day.  a young fellow, named bri=
an, who is a complete novice, is here at the shelter also.  he is on his se=
cond day of a section hike, after starting at amicalola and doing the appro=
ach trail.  i am having some fun with said young man<g>...

with the time change, the night is arriving early - it is nearly dark.  the=
 rains have subsided, our wet clothing is drying on a line strung in the sh=
elter.  we have eaten, and hung our food on the provided bear bag pulley sy=
stem.  the water source is flowing strong...

all is well...

pittsia the satisfied

Sent from my PocketMail Handheld
http://www.pocketmail.com