[at-l] Boy Scout Shelter in Central VA

Gary,

I didn't mean to imply the BSA owns and operates the Boy Scout Shelter.
However, anything with the name Boy Scout Shelter leads one to imagine the
organization at least takes some interest in it and maybe they do.

I assumed the Boy Scout Shelter would be a popular service project for
troops or several Eagle Scout Service Projects. They, (we) don't have any
more responsibility that any other AT user but all AT users have great
responsibilities to the trail.  The Boy Scouts are a huge group of willing
support.  There will always be scouts eager to help and advancement require=
hours of community service.  I wonder if it has ever been pursued?

If memory serves correctly, the Boy Scout Shelter is 25 or so miles north o=
Troutville in Central VA. And yes I miss typed the acronym of the Roanoke
Appalachian Trail Club but they are indeed the correct group.  I don't mean
this as criticism of the RATC, they do a great job on their portion of the
trail.

Shep