[at-l] Re: ALDHA Companion/Endorsements

> "One thing I AM sure about though is that the Field Editors don't persona=
lly
> and thoroughly "check out" every business that's listed."
I am another that makes a real effort to check as much as possible.  In the=
 two years that I have been a section editor I have checked out about 85% o=
f all the businesses listed.  Some have closed down, some new businesses ha=
ve opened.  I am really interested in find ATM's, medical care and post off=
ices and to make sure that the hours are correct.  Then I look for resupply=
 points (can't hike without food).  Finally eateries and off trail housing.

I have talked to a small number of businesses that could do without thru hi=
ker business.  Others have very strang rules and finally some let anything =
go. I do not judger any of the businesses. (Well I did debated about a bed =
and breakfast, price was $150 a night and they did not consider stinky hike=
r clothes proper attire).

Grey Owl