[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[at-l] Help with Springer
- Subject: [at-l] Help with Springer
- From: email@example.com (max patch)
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:15:04 -0400
All kinds of options; depends on how you and your wife want to spend your l=
ast couple days together.
1. Since you are not doing the approach trail, I assume you will be going =
up USFS 42. The closest town to USFS 42 (15 miles paved roads and 6 miles =
on the forest service road) is Ellijay. Small town, but has hotels, restau=
rants, and a WallMart. Nothing fancy.
2. Helen is a touristy faux Bavarian village. Window shopping galore. Man=
y restaurats. Discount hotels on the edge of town.
3. Dahlonega is a small town that is nice to visit. Discount hotels on th=
e edge of town; but would strongly recommend The Smith House (great family =
style southern dinners) if staying here.
4. Blood Mountain cabins near Walasi-Yi would (probably) allow you to meet=
thru hikers that have completed the first 30 miles of the trip. Never sta=
yed there, myself.
5. Atlanta is no more than a couple hours from Springer.
What should you choose? Whatever your wife wants!
Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get 25MB Storage, POP3 Access,
Advanced Spam protection with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.