[at-l] New Subscriber

--

Howdy, all!

I have just decided--after many years of dreaming and thinking about it--to=
 set a date to start my Solo AT thru-hike.  I will start in April, 2004!

I have started the reading and research phase just this week.  I have read =
quite a few great suggestions about gear for the thru-hike in the last few =
days on this mail list.  I also read "Maine Rose's" book on Women Thru-Hike=
rs.  I was very sad to learn that she passed on, which I didn't know when I=
 started reading the book, but found out during my research, via the PA Ruc=
k site...

When is the Next PA Ruck, Does anyone know? Should I go to one?  Will that =
help in my research?

Some hiking info about me:  I am a day hiker.  I have many years of tent ca=
mping experience, but not on the trail, just in campgrounds.  My husband, h=
owever, has many years experience with backpacking and will help me get sta=
rted and prepared in the next 18 months as well as start the trail with me =
in Georgia and hook up with me in PA and probably close to Katahdin, as wel=
l.. He will be my support person, so won't thru-hike.

I am hoping to learn more about backpacking via this mail list, as well as =
become aquainted with some other thru-hikers.  I am open to all suggestions=
 and advice.

I don't have a trial Name Yet. I suppose that will happen when I start out =
on the trial, or perhaps in the next 18 months of training.

:o) Mary Morgan