[at-l] Leaf ID

Thanks to all you tree folk out there.
I thought it might be a sycamore or a tulip poplar, but no.

It turned out to be a striped maple, keyed by a botanist friend.

Turns out that, in the south, the striped maple generally only grows in the
Appalachians. So, it's not all that common down here.

Some of your suggestions DID help me identify another leaf with a lopsided
basal lobe (looking like a G-4 backpacker!) as basswood.(bassWOOD! not
ALE...)

Thanks! The world tonite is a little less lonely knowing there are others
out there in Internet-land who also obsess on these matters.
Jan

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: