[at-l] Fw: Appalachian Trail Thru-hikers' Companion

I think you make good points, but wish you had not chosen to make a
private email public over this disagreement. I fear that if there is a
mistake, your publication of private email painted JohnO into a corner
to defend himself just as you are defending your good name.

By publishing names, addresses and phone numbers of trail related
businesses, ALDHA offers the implication of endorsement. Somehow, I'd
expect businesses that get the bulk of hiker traffic would also get a
bulk of criticism. I wonder how many businesses get compliments written
into ALDHA or ATC? I would be interesting if ALDHA seeks to become the
AAA of hikers. What criteria for inclusion would ALDHA employ, and how
consistently would it be applied? How should hikers' comments on trail
businesses be evaluated? Are register comments more valid that
subsequent letters?

Bill...
<not a member of ALDHA>