[at-l] Dogs

In a message dated 10/24/02 7:49:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wb4pan@mindspring.com writes:

> I was just able  to squeeze by his gnashing teeth and cross the bridge. He
> quickly unwound himself and he and I were both lucky the leash never broke
> LOL. I like em just fine but not on the trails/

Cleek:
Maybe you should get a "non-dog" as a friend once called my dog.  He weighs a
mere 3.5 lbs., is loving, and smart as a whip.  He loves hiking, and can keep
up with me on 6 mile hikes. I don't leash him, and he knows when a REAL
threat is around, and doesn't "yap" at inconsequential things.  I have
asthma, and my breathing, especially when I'm sleeping, is irregular at
times, and the dog always nudges, scratches, and "yaps" if necessary, to let
the boyfriend know to nudge me, so that I'll start wake up and/or start
breathing again.  Dogs are like kids: Teach them right and they will be the
most awesome and loved trail companion.  Also, a small dog whipping water
around will not a hiker reach.

Kelly (who loves her dog more than the Vols)