[at-l] Dogs

I'm not thinking of bringing it with me on a thru-hike, just on
weekend/less-than-a-week hikes.

Cleek
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 06:43:57PM -0400, I received a message from Charles=
 Davidson to which I felt pleasantly compelled to respond by saying:
> Yo,
>
> =09My advice is to wait and get a dog after your hike and if you have a d=
og now leave it at home. :-)
> =09That is rather direct but it is my opinion. About the only animals I h=
ave had trouble with on the trail are dogs. By trouble I mean dogs that I h=
ave meet on the trail snarling with teeth showing threatening Ill bit you i=
f you proceed with your hike unless you dispatch with me first. Or stinking=
 wet dogs brought into shelters who sling rain water from their coats all o=
ver you and your gear, at least the stinking hikers don't do that hahaha. E=
xpensive ultralight hiking gear doesn't stand up well