[at-l] Rodale

Hi Gang,

=09I just finished the first story in my Rodale Volume Two "Hiking the Appa=
lachian Trail". I got the book from a fellow life member of ALDHA. Thanks t=
o Solar Bear for implementing the transfer.
=09This first story sucked me in it was so interesting. Eric Ryback hiked t=
he AT SOBO in June 14, thru September 3, 1969. After his hike he finished h=
is senior year of High School. He used only 5 food drops carrying as much a=
s 20 days food at a time.
=09In 1970 Eric completed the PCT and was the first one to hike it end to e=
nd and so was also the first to hike the AT and PCT. In 1972 Eric and his B=
rother Tim scouted a possible CDT route. Pretty cool stuff :-)
=09Starting into the next story. This hiker used the cache system to resupp=
ly. He buried 30 caches of food for his hike....1969

chase  looking for volume one of the Rodale set