[at-l] RE: AT Resupply strategy

I echo Brian's comments, and would add that your food needs and tastes
are SURE to change from what you thought they'd be at the outset [unless
you are already a 1,000+ mile hike veteran!]  Packing some food makes
sense, but many, if not most hikers comment in hindsight that they
wished they'd packed less and bought more as they went.  Also.
logistically, I found it actually takes about the same amount of time to
coordinate and deal with limited post office times, and variable
delivery date efficiencies of the USPS, than it did to get a ride to the
nearest country store, Food Lion, etc.

Hike [and eat] on!

thru-thinker