[at-l] Hotels near the southern smokies

yep - we had a blast at Fontana Village in 2001, and it was an oasis in
the midst of some nasty, cold rains . . . kinda reminded me of "The
Shining" at times, though! :)

[and then there was the infamouse "Eagle" incident over the hiking
poles; I almost forgot that had its genesis in the hallowed halls of
Fontana Village!]

thru-thinker