Re[2]: [at-l] History along the AT route

Snip
> The  best  overall  book  devoted to the Appalachian Trail in my opinion =
is "The
> Appalachian  Trail  REader,  edited  by  David  Emblidge and published by=
 Oxford
> University Press in 1996.
Just jumped over to Amazon and read through the 1st couple of pages (I am s=
uppose to be writting a progress report but my brain ain't functioning).  A=
ny book that contains the writings of Edwin Way Teale, Henry David Thoreau,=
 Walt Whitman, Herman Melville and Robert Frost cannot be all that bad.  I =
wish that they had included something from Annie Dillard.

Grey Owl