[at-l] Gatherin'

In a message dated 10/22/2002 8:42:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bushwackerfish@mindspring.com writes:

> The total mileage traveled for his triple crown was under 8,000 miles. So
> the total number of mail drops on average would be around 260. So it is
> quite possible that 95 was the true AT mail drop number.

I also noticed this.  There's no way he had 95 mail drops soley for the AT.
Think about it, there aren't that many towns!  He'd be going off trail EVERY
day!  Even at a snails pace, (compared to Brians) most hikers will average
about 30 drops or resupplies per trail.  That high number HAD to be for the
three trails.  But......  I could be wrong.  : )

Sly