From: <jhoward@everdream.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 4:11 PM
Subject: [at-l] History along the AT route

Does anyone have any books they'd recommend reading
about the history of the people or the natural history
along the AT route? I don't mean the history of the
trail itself, I know where to get that type of
information. I'm talking about the history prior to the
trail's existence (i.e. Native American, Civil War,
geographical, etc.) I think it would be interesting to
learn about the background of the areas that I am
walking through as I'm walking through them.
SNIP