[at-l] more thru-hiker advice...

On long distance hikes I have always either provided a new camp towel in a
drop box or more often just picked up another one as I went on. I have done
this with exceptionally worn, soiled , cleaned the resoiled socks in the
past. With the possibility of a sickness, tried to safeguard against those
germies.

hiker7s

                    Mark Lerch
                    <mark.lerch@quest.com>         To:     at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    at-l-admin@mailman.backc       Subject:     RE: [at-l] more thru-hiker advice...
                    ountry.net

                    10/21/02 01:57 PM

--

Any concerns about food gunk rotting and causing health issues?  (I forget
what it's called)  This is what I wonder about when I use my camp towel in