[at-l] Anti ATC/at-l editorial by Wingfoot

--
In a message dated 10/19/02 9:40:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> After all,

Here, here, Bill.  Ryan, I think on a whim, decided to whip us of those in
nasty moods and obnoxious behavior in to shape, by a mere suggestion.  That
suggestion, alas, was a personal donation to the ATC.  I don't think he
expected the sudden "good" in all of us to come out and jump on the
bandwagon.  I think Ryan was the most surprised than of us. (I'm guessing
Ryan, correct me if I'm wrong.)

We are, alas, a group.  A VERY diverse group.  And a group, for the most
part, that gets along.  More importantly, I think we are a group, as a whole,
who believes that the AT serves a purpose, regardless of what we as
individuals believe the purpose may serve.  We see the AT as good, and treat
it with respect.  Some may see it as a lifetime commitment, some may see it
as lifetime dream.  Some see it as a place to get away, some see it as goal,
something to do.  Some may see it as I do, as a magnificent creation of
mankind, a trail, a place to run to when you run away.  A beautiful land of
freedom, kindness, and hard, life-changing adventures.  Some have never seen
it.  They have visions of green tunnels and "roll around in the grass" balds.
Rhododendrons, and blueberries.  Feral ponies that eat out of your hand.  But
those who have seen it and those who have researched it, simply LOVE it.
Those who don't, well, they just don't get it, and that's OK.  Those who
don't "get it" are not on this list.  We ALL get it.  We ALL love it. And
Screw anyone who says we don't.

As for our donations.... We weren't bribed.  I think we're all pretty
hard-core in our beliefs and intelligent enough not to jump on the "bribe"
crap-waggon.  We did it for one reason, and that reason was NOT to make this
crazy, f**cked up list behave, we did it because we love the AT, and no other
reason.

Anyone out there that made a donation to keep this list on the "straight and
narrow" speak up!  There's not one of you out there.  Every singly one of you
who donated, donated because they love the AT.  Period.  End of the damned
story.

As for others who want to condemn the nature of our contribution, f'em.  We
donated, for our own personal reasons, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE REASONS
were good in nature.  No pun intended.

Kelly Sue Goins