[at-l] Earl Grey

--
In a message dated 10/16/02 11:46:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cjaymes@yahoo.com writes:

> Has anyone ever thru-hiked the trail with a computer? I have some
> professional curiousity on this matter and I plan on thru-hiking in
> March. I'm interested in lightweight wearable computers (of the under 1
> pound variety) and this would be perhaps the ultimate test of one.
> Unfortunately, all the wearable stuff is expensive, so I probably won't
> have the finances for a project like this.

I'm looking at a Dell Latitude X200 as my next PC purchase, but for home use,
not for hiking purposes.  However, it is only about 3 pounds so it is getting
in the weight range of feasibility for carrying along on the trail.  Battery
life would be a major hassle though.

Black&blue